Average rating by users:
Author of Resource: Sis. Nurana
Institute: Safar Academy
Resource Type: Generic Activity/Games
Subject: Islamic Studies – year 8
Time Resource will take: 30 minutes
What equipment or Preparation do I need for the activity?
Words from word bank, whiteboard and pen, timer
Describe the Resource:
GUESS THE KEY WORD OR PHRASE
Great revision game for the end of term/before exams or after finishing a topic.
HOW DO YOU PLAY?
1. Students are put into two teams, Team A and Team B
2. Team A selects a person for the first round.
3. The words from the word bank in the attachment are cut out, folded up and placed in a hat/box
4. Team A picks out a random word from the word bank.
5. The selected student from Team A stands at the front and the key word is written above their head on the whiteboard
5. Team A have 2 minutes to describe the key term/event or individuals name to their team member without using the word itself.
6. The student from Team A has to try and guess the word in this time limit.
If its a phrase, as long as the student gets the main aspect, the answer will be accepted. (Judge’s discretion)
7. If they get it right it’s 2 points
8. If they get it wrong it’s 0 points
9. Next round – Team B selects a person and the game continues until all words in the word bank are used.
WANT TO MAKE THE GAME MORE CHALLENGING??
See the attachment on ways to make each round more challenging for stronger teams or higher ability students! Or simply to make each round more exciting!