Average rating by users:
Author of Resource: Sis. Nurana
Institute: Safar Academy
Resource Type: Generic Activity/Games
Time Resource will take: 20 minutes
What equipment or Preparation do I need for the activity?
Describe the Resource:
SNAP WITH A TWIST
Excellent game during the lesson/revision session.
A filler for your lesson plan as well to conclude the lesson.
RULES OF THE GAME:
1. Students play in pairs
2. Each student has 9 cards
3. Each card will have a key word or phrase related to a specific topic studied in Islamic Studies.
4. Students shuffle the cards and turn them upside down
5. Student A will place one on the table (facing up) followed by student B
6. If the cards are the same, the student has to place their hand over it and shout SNAP.
7. The first person to identify they’re the same WINS that round.
8. For extra points, they need to define the key word on the card or mention a key fact about it AND how it relates to the topic (scoring table below)
9. The student who wins the round keeps the cards
10. For higher ability students- there is one ANOMALY per round. The word on this card does NOT relate to the topic at hand. If both are placed down, the student who shouts SNAP ANOMALY first gets bonus points of that round (see score system below)
11. The first to lose all their cards LOSES the game or if all pairs have been found, the student with the most cards WINS.
Teachers can create more cards for each topic if they wish.